Lady Mole Catcher is also qualified to deal with mice, with or without poison.
Louise Chapman has a certified training qualification from The BASIS Registration Board in Principles of Rodent Control and is a recognised member of the BASIS Prompt Register (a register of managers and technicians providing professional pest control services and advice).
In the UK there are many species of mice but only a few are considered as pests and are therefore subject to control. The main species you may encounter in your home, garden or business are:
Field mice (Apodemus sylvaticus) rarely go into houses but will find sheds and barns during the winter. They have a passion for fruit and vegetables so are a particular threat to farms and small holdings.
House mice (Mus domesticus) are active all year round and often be found making themselves comfortable within your home or business premises.
Yellow necked field mice (Apodemus flavicollis) are mostly found in rural areas, however, they’re also well known to cause a fire risk by chewing through electrical wiring.
How do you know if you have a mouse problem?
Mice are mainly active at night so they can search for food and hide themselves during the day. Some common signs of mice to look out for include:
- Small, dark droppings on or inside cupboards and also along skirting boards
- Grease marks along walls, floors and skirtings which mark out the mouse’s regular travel routes
- Urine pillars, which are a combination of dirt, urine and body grease which can be up to 4cm high and 1cm wide
- You may hear scratching noises at night when mice are at their most active. They tend to be found in walls, under floorboards, in basements or lofts
- Nests are built using easy to shred materials such as cardboard and fabrics. They can be found in lofts, walls, under floorboards, in airing cupboards and behind appliances
- Footprints may be seen in unused areas where floors and walls are dusty
- Spotting a live or dead mouse during the day can be a sign of a heavy infestation
- Strong ammonia smells may be present because mice urinate frequently
Why control mice? There are a few issues to consider if you discover a mouse infestation:
- Contamination of food – pathogens found in mouse droppings and urine can lead to the spread of dangerous diseases such as Leptospirosis, commonly known as Weil’s Disease and Salmonellosis.
- Property damage – mice gnaw at a range of items found in homes and business, some of which can cause safety issues such as increased risk of fire & flood from chewing through wires and pipes
- Spread of diseases – mice carry pathogens in their urine and faeces which can transmit Hantavirus, Salmonellosis, Listeria and more
- Business reputation – if customers notice that you have a mouse infestation, they may decide to stop working with you
Louise Chapman BA (Hons) PGCE
Norfolk’s very own Lady Mole Catcher®
Who I work with
- Householders in their gardens
- Farmers and Land Agents
- Outdoor Leisure Facilities
- Restaurants and Pubs
- Local Authorities
If mice are causing problems in your property or your garden, get in touch with Louise to arrange for a site visit and no-obligation quote. Call 01603 25 99 45 or 07876 14 11 53 or email email@example.com
We have used Louise on three occasions for cluster flies and a flea issue at our holiday home. Every time she has provided an excellent service and dealt with the problem very quickly for us.
Having found moths in our lounge/dining room carpet I got in touch with Louise. She came, looked, explained about the damage moths do to carpets and treated all our carpets, both upstairs and down. She was efficient, very professional and returned twice more to check she had got rid of them. She is very friendly and also very interesting to talk to. We would not hesitate to recommend her. Thank you Louise!
One of the joys in my life is the many varieties of birds that come into the garden and use the bird feeders. Recently Grey Squirrels had become a serious nuisance. They are spiteful not only to each other but to the birds, who became reluctant to use the feeders. I was also concerned that once the birds started laying their eggs they would take those as well. I contacted Louise, the Lady Mole Catcher and asked for her help. Louise assured me that she would trap the Squirrels humanely, which she did very efficiently. Seven Squirrels later I now have the birds feeding again. I thoroughly recommend Louise she is professional, friendly and very efficient at what she does.
Louise did an excellent job. She responded quickly to our request and her knowledge and professional approach were exactly what we were looking for. She was able to catch the squirrels that had caused so much damage and do so fitting in around our other commitments. I would certainly recommend.
Louise was dealing with a mole & rat problem we had which she dealt with very efficiently. On her last visit we discovered a wasp nest & Louise did a great job of getting rid of them too! Cannot recommend her too highly!
Having worked with Louise (Lady Molecatcher) during recent weeks regarding a problem we had with both moles & rats, we then found a wasp nest in our shed. There was nobody else to call but Lady Molecatcher…the wasp nest was dealt with professionalism and knowledge, it was all over in just a few moments. Sorted! We then discovered another two wasp nests in the roof of the house and again Lady Molecatcher arrived the same day we called her and again the situation was dealt with swiftly. We would without any hesitation recommend Louise to deal with any of the above issues you may have. It was a pleasure to come across somebody who can deal with these issues in a professional manner but always with a smile on her face.
I'd like to thank Louise for solving a Bed Bug problem swiftly. My daughter had arrived home after a school trip and brought with her some unwelcome guests - Bed Bugs! My daughter was bitten and the Doctor confirmed Bed Bugs, which he said probably hitched a ride in my daughter's luggage. Louise came the very day I 'phoned her and took control of the situation. Thank you Louise, what a relief!!
Louise sorted our first mole problem in just two hours, the second by the next morning. Her professionalism, knowledge and experience of where to position the traps was so accurate, just amazing! We have felt incredibly comfortable working with Louise who is a very friendly and sociable young lady. We would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Louise.
Louise was very prompt and efficient. We had a serious rabbit problem which she has brought under control. She explained what was needed, carried out the work and returned as promised to complete what was started. We would definitely recommend Louise to anyone.
Rabbits, not moles, were my problem. Lots of them and notice the past tense. Over the years I had tried my methods and different individuals to cure my rabbit problem without luck. My garden over the past two years was devoured by rabbits. Along came Louise and within three weeks the rabbits were gone. Her approach was multifaceted. She arrived when she said she would, kept me informed of progress while I was away by video and persisted until I could confirm there were no more sightings of rabbits. I would recommend her services.
Very professional and quick results. If you have moles in your lawn, call Louise. I will always recommend you! Thank you.
Louise has helped us out on numerous occasions: excellent all round, would highly recommend.