Cluster Flies control
Lady Mole Catcher is also qualified to deal with cluster flies. As a professional wildlife management specialist, she has the knowledge and skills to deal with infestations as well as having access to specific insecticides which are not available to the general public.
About Cluster Flies
The common cluster fly (Polleniarudis) is often mistaken for a house fly. It is large and black but also has yellow or golden hairs on the thorax (between the head and the body) and a chequered pattern on the abdomen (stomach). They fly in a sluggish manner and can often return to the same place every autumn. Because they hibernate in winter, you may find large numbers of cluster flies gathered in your loft space or upper rooms – not very nice for the inhabitants of your home or visitors to your business!
How do you know if you have cluster flies on your property?
- Cluster flies are often found in large numbers and in upper rooms or loft spaces, ‘clustered’ around windows or undisturbed warm areas
- The insects gather in buildings during the autumn (Sept/Oct) as they get ready to hibernate for the winter and re-emerge in spring (March/April)
- Cluster flies will often return to the same property or location year after year
- Although similar to the house fly, cluster flies are slightly bigger, more yellowish in colour and fly at a slower pace
- When congregating in large numbers, cluster flies can give off a sickly-smelling odour
- Cluster flies are common in rural areas because their larvae feed upon certain earthworms found in the nearby soil
Why control Cluster Flies?
There are a few issues to consider if you discover an infestation:
- Although they do not bite, living with a large infestation of cluster flies can be an annoying and unpleasant experience
- The best way to deal with cluster fly infestations is by employing the skills of a professional controller, who can use specialist treatments to target active flies and others that may emerge after hibernation in the spring
- Most sprays available from DIY stores are ineffective against insects that are hibernating within walls and cracks
- Bear in mind that insecticides must be used with caution to prevent them coming into contact with bats, which are a protected species in the UK
- Cluster flies can squeeze into small spaces therefore fly screens are mostly redundant
- Large numbers of flies can leave behind excrement and dirt on your walls and floors
Louise Chapman BA (Hons) PGCE
Norfolk’s very own Lady Mole Catcher®
Who I work with
- Householders in their gardens
- Farmers and Land Agents
- Outdoor Leisure Facilities
- Restaurants and Pubs
- Local Authorities
If Cluster Flies are causing problems in your area, get in touch with Louise to arrange for a site visit and no-obligation quote for treatment of the infestation. Call 01603 25 99 45 or 07876 14 11 53 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have used Louise on three occasions for cluster flies and a flea issue at our holiday home. Every time she has provided an excellent service and dealt with the problem very quickly for us.
Having found moths in our lounge/dining room carpet I got in touch with Louise. She came, looked, explained about the damage moths do to carpets and treated all our carpets, both upstairs and down. She was efficient, very professional and returned twice more to check she had got rid of them. She is very friendly and also very interesting to talk to. We would not hesitate to recommend her. Thank you Louise!
One of the joys in my life is the many varieties of birds that come into the garden and use the bird feeders. Recently Grey Squirrels had become a serious nuisance. They are spiteful not only to each other but to the birds, who became reluctant to use the feeders. I was also concerned that once the birds started laying their eggs they would take those as well. I contacted Louise, the Lady Mole Catcher and asked for her help. Louise assured me that she would trap the Squirrels humanely, which she did very efficiently. Seven Squirrels later I now have the birds feeding again. I thoroughly recommend Louise she is professional, friendly and very efficient at what she does.
Louise did an excellent job. She responded quickly to our request and her knowledge and professional approach were exactly what we were looking for. She was able to catch the squirrels that had caused so much damage and do so fitting in around our other commitments. I would certainly recommend.
Louise was dealing with a mole & rat problem we had which she dealt with very efficiently. On her last visit we discovered a wasp nest & Louise did a great job of getting rid of them too! Cannot recommend her too highly!
Having worked with Louise (Lady Molecatcher) during recent weeks regarding a problem we had with both moles & rats, we then found a wasp nest in our shed. There was nobody else to call but Lady Molecatcher…the wasp nest was dealt with professionalism and knowledge, it was all over in just a few moments. Sorted! We then discovered another two wasp nests in the roof of the house and again Lady Molecatcher arrived the same day we called her and again the situation was dealt with swiftly. We would without any hesitation recommend Louise to deal with any of the above issues you may have. It was a pleasure to come across somebody who can deal with these issues in a professional manner but always with a smile on her face.
I'd like to thank Louise for solving a Bed Bug problem swiftly. My daughter had arrived home after a school trip and brought with her some unwelcome guests - Bed Bugs! My daughter was bitten and the Doctor confirmed Bed Bugs, which he said probably hitched a ride in my daughter's luggage. Louise came the very day I 'phoned her and took control of the situation. Thank you Louise, what a relief!!
Louise sorted our first mole problem in just two hours, the second by the next morning. Her professionalism, knowledge and experience of where to position the traps was so accurate, just amazing! We have felt incredibly comfortable working with Louise who is a very friendly and sociable young lady. We would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Louise.
Louise was very prompt and efficient. We had a serious rabbit problem which she has brought under control. She explained what was needed, carried out the work and returned as promised to complete what was started. We would definitely recommend Louise to anyone.
Rabbits, not moles, were my problem. Lots of them and notice the past tense. Over the years I had tried my methods and different individuals to cure my rabbit problem without luck. My garden over the past two years was devoured by rabbits. Along came Louise and within three weeks the rabbits were gone. Her approach was multifaceted. She arrived when she said she would, kept me informed of progress while I was away by video and persisted until I could confirm there were no more sightings of rabbits. I would recommend her services.
Very professional and quick results. If you have moles in your lawn, call Louise. I will always recommend you! Thank you.
Louise has helped us out on numerous occasions: excellent all round, would highly recommend.