Bed Bug control
Lady Mole Catcher is also qualified to deal with bed bugs. As a professional wildlife management specialist, she has the knowledge and skills to deal with infestations as well as having access to specific insecticides which are not available to the general public.
About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs (Cimex Lectularius) are around 4 to 5mm long, red or brown in colour, oval in shape and do not have wings. Usually found in bedrooms, bed bugs feed on our blood through our skin. They are also attracted to our body heat and carbon dioxide from our breath. Their habit is to travel via clothes, luggage or furniture and easily move through properties using wall or floor cavities. Bed bug bites cause red, irritating marks on our skin and some people can experience severe allergic reactions. They can also cause sleep disturbance and damage to business reputations, especially for hotels and other accommodation providers.
How do you know if you have Bed Bugs on your property?
If you notice dark or black stains on a bed mattress, linen or surrounding area, these could be bed bug excrement. There may be an unpleasant sweet smell, small dark blood spots (‘faecal pellets’) or you may even see actual live bugs. Although individual bed bug bites may not be very noticeable to begin with, they can continue to occur in rows along the skin as the insects travel along blood vessels to feed.
Why control Bed Bugs?
There are a few issues to consider if you discover an infestation:
- Although bed bugs may not spread disease they can cause irritation and distress to children and adults
- The presence of bed bugs does not reflect well on a business and may cause reputation damage alongside financial costs
- If you live in a flat or terraced house, bed bugs can easily spread into your neighbours’ living areas so it’s important to take action fast
- Bed bugs can also hide in furniture as well as mattresses and bed linen – the whole bedroom area should be thoroughly checked (including walls and floors)
- If you buy second hand furniture, this should also be checked before you take it home
- If you have stayed in an infested room, immediately check your luggage and clothing for bugs when you return home (infested clothes and linen will need to be dry cleaned or washed at a very hot temperature)
- For accommodation providers, a professional can monitor and evaluate property for early signs of bed bug infestation before the problem spreads
- Self-treatment of a bed bug infestation doesn’t usually work. A trained professional has the skills and knowledge to deal with the correct species, using the most appropriate insecticides
Louise Chapman BA (Hons) PGCE
Norfolk’s very own Lady Mole Catcher®
Who I work with
- Householders in their gardens
- Farmers and Land Agents
- Outdoor Leisure Facilities
- Restaurants and Pubs
- Local Authorities
If Bed Bugs are causing problems for you, get in touch with Louise to arrange for a site visit and no-obligation quote for treatment of the infestation. Call 01603 25 99 45 or 07876 14 11 53 or email email@example.com
I'd like to thank Louise for solving a Bed Bug problem swiftly. My daughter had arrived home after a school trip and brought with her some unwelcome guests - Bed Bugs! My daughter was bitten and the Doctor confirmed Bed Bugs, which he said probably hitched a ride in my daughter's luggage. Louise came the very day I 'phoned her and took control of the situation. Thank you Louise, what a relief!!
Very professional and quick results. If you have moles in your lawn, call Louise. I will always recommend you! Thank you.
Louise has helped us out on numerous occasions: excellent all round, would highly recommend.
Here at Broads Edge Marina we had a mole problem, Louise was very professional, reliable and competitive on price. Would highly recommend.
Organised for my parents property, we thought she was very efficient and a good quality of service. Will use again.
I moved into a two acre plot with over 50 mole hills. Louise came in and sorted my mole problem in a week. She was extremely professional, honest and very interesting to talk to. I would thoroughly recommend her.
Louise set 1 trap and hey presto the problem was cured within 2 days. An excellent service Louise and thank you very much. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend or use again.
I felt totally at ease with her and knew exactly how much it was going to cost me. It was exactly how she described it and was payment by results as she stated on her website. I have no problem in recommending Louise to anybody.
Amazing service; e-mailed day one, Louise was at mine the next day and within a week the little critter was caught. Thank you so much; highly recommend!
My long standing mole problem was very efficiently eradicated. Now for the first time in years I can look forward to a beautiful lawn. I would recommend lady mole catcher, good job well done at a reasonable cost.
A fantastic job done with the utmost of care and keeping me informed about her progress. I would have no hesitation in recommending Louise and hope that she continues her success.